For the salad:
½ cup (85g) raw quinoa
½ broccoli head, cut into florets
1 medium zucchini, sliced
1 bunch asparagus (approx. 4.4 oz./125g), ends snapped off & discarded
2 tbsp. olive oil
½ cup (75g) almonds, chopped
½ tsp. salt
½ cup (75g) frozen green peas, tawed
3.5 oz. (100g) mixed salad leaves
1 ripe avocado, sliced
2 green onions, thinly sliced
For the dressing:
4 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. lemon juice
½ tbsp. lemon zest
2 tbsp. basil, chopped
2 tbsp. mint, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
salt & pepper
- Cook the quinoa according to instructions on packaging
- Preheat the oven to 430°F (220°C). Prepare a large baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Place the broccoli, zucchini and asparagus on the tray and drizzle with olive oil. Place into the hot oven and roast for around 8 minutes, then remove from the oven and take the asparagus off the tray. Now return the tray to the oven and continue cooking for a further 7-10 minutes, until the broccoli and zucchini are cooked through and tender.
- Heat a dry skillet over a medium heat and toast the almonds for a few minutes until golden and slightly plump. Sprinkle with sea salt and allow to cool down before chopping.
- Place all the dressing ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- To serve, place the quinoa, roasted vegetables, green peas, toasted almonds, salad leaves, sliced avocado and green onions into a large bowl, drizzle over the dressing and gently toss until combined.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for later.